Art has many faces, colors and shapes but not single one of them can be caged in a category. We all live in a world where being busy is the new definition of luxury. No one should be free or they aren’t successful enough. But when it all boils down to the point when we have to look in the mirror, in our own eyes and tell ourselves everything will be fine – we fail.
Most of us are broken and waiting for someone to come and save us. Then, there is a category of people who have two or sometimes multiple faces to show to the world as they are too afraid that if the world sees the real them, they will be destroyed.
Japanese Artist Avogado6 through his illustrations shows what mental illness looks like and how it is affecting the population on Earth. He has mastered the art of inking down the harsh reality of mental illness which many refuse to face.
This one is an eye-opener.
1. This is what nightmares are made of.
2. No one is going to save you. You yourself will have to do that.
3. When the world drains you out completely.
4. Soon the time will expire.
5. Crying in pain and vain but no one ever hears.
6. The person living inside everyone that struggles to come out.
7. Not much left to give to the world.
8. It’s as if the bed bounds you.
9. Trust no one, they say.
10. Everyday life tests the best of us.
11. There is a better place to go to.
12. Because my religion is the best.
13. Too busy with your work to appreciate the beauty around you.
14. Seeking the moment when our true self can be out in the open.
15. Alone in solitude.
16. Burning yourself down but the smile stays.
17. Never freeing the person living inside you.
18. Because no one should ever come out.
19. Or the society will kill you slowly.
If you felt a heaviness in your heart after going through this compilation, then you know exactly what this artist wanted to convey. He successfully transferred his message. Trust me when I say it that you are not alone in this world. Never consider yourself alone.