When will people learn that social media is not their personal diary? Why is it so necessary for people to sob about their breakups online or update a sarcastic status as a shade to someone, which ain’t subtle at all. It’s one thing to post about one’s view on certain social issues but when a person who is a government servant does that, their reputation is at stake. They can’t just go and bloat about anything or behave inappropriately because the result can be exclusively hazardous to organizations
There were many times when situations like that were recorded on the internet and here are some of the hideous ones.
1. Teacher, Christine Rubino, was fired for posting this on Facebook on March 2011, a day after a 12yo drowned during a school trip.
“After today, I am thinking the beach sounds like a wonderful idea for my 5th graders! I HATE THEIR GUTS! I would not throw a life jacket in for a million!!”
2. Cameron Jankowski got fired from Taco Bell after he tweeted a pic of him peeing on nachos in July 2012.
3. After posting pictures of her holding alcohol, teacher Ashley Payne was forced to resign from her job.
I think this is a little too much.
4. High school math teacher Carly McKinney from Colorado was fired after she tweeted:
“Naked. Wet. Stoned. Watching a drug bust go down in the parking lot. It’s funny cuz I have weed in my car in the staff parking lot.”
5. An employee of Brookfield Zoo in Chicago was fired after this FB post.
“Wassup Y’all? At work serving these rude a** white people.”
6. A day-care 19yo employee was fired after she posted this snap.
A mid-finger with the caption,
“Swear I love kids.”
7. After the 2011 Tsunami in Japan, Gilbert Godfried’s insensitive tweet about the incident got him fired.
8. HR assistant, Stephanie Bon eventually was annulled from Lloyds Banking Group after her FB post.
“LBG’s new CEO gets £4,000 an hour. I get £7. That’s fair.”
9. Social media celeb Claudia Oshry’s career went downhill after she and her mother’s Islamophobic jokes were caught by media.
10. Professor Gloria Gadsden was fired after her FB post days after the shooting of Uni of Alabama in 2010.
“Does anyone know where I can find a very discrete hitman? Yes, it’s been that kind of day.”
11. Alicia Ann Lynch was a ‘Boston Marathon bombing victim’ for Halloween on Nov. 2013, the picture she posted got her fired from her job.
Seriously? Like, has Disney ran out of princesses?
12. Gabriella Pasqualotto, a cheerleader for a cricket team got fired immediately after she blogged about how mean the players were to the cheering squad.
Yeah, everybody just hates the truth revealing.
13. Kevin Colvin informed his boss for leave to see his family, and soon after, this picture circulated online.
His boss emailed this to all the employees,
“Thanks for letting us know… hope everything is ok in New York. (cool wand).”
14. Rashard Mendenhall was cut off from his sports team after he posted a sensitive tweet about the death of Bin Laden.
15. After a racist tweet, Justine Sacco was stripped from her position as the global head of communications for the digital media conglomerate IAC.
“Going to Africa. Hope I don’t get AIDS. Just kidding. I’m White!”
16. Stephanie Rice, Olympian swimmer was denied a contract from Jaguar after her homophobic tweet in Sept. 2010.
17. Cameron Reilly, a Buckingham Palace guard was fired after his strong words against the Royal couple.
“Hur and William drove past me on friday ‘n all a got was a sh**ty wave while she looked the opposite way from me, stupid stuck up cow am a not good enough for them! posh b***h am totally with u on this 1 who reely gives a f*** about hur.”
18. A clerk from S. Francisco, Kim Lehmkuhl was fired for tweeting while she was in a meeting.
Her resignation letter reads,
“Mind-numbingly inane experience I would not wish on anyone.”
19. Caitlin Davis, N England Patriots cheerleader was fired after she posted this picture on FB.
20. Actor from the musical show, Nicole Crowther tweeted out a big spoiler about the show, and her producers tweeted this:
“Hope you’re qualified to do something besides work in entertainment.”
21. This woman got a paw print tattoo on her breast as a tribute to her dog, but the inking made her undateable.
(Source: eBaum’s World)